Proof They Can Escape! (baby update)

Ash is now the biggest. What a comeback! Now Ebony is the smallest. She is still gaining though, so I am not too worried about her. I think it is safe to say they aren't getting anything from Annie anymore. When I don't feed them, they don't gain anything, so I will need to continue feeding them. It's been five weeks since they were born. Time sure does fly. Ash is super adventurous and energetic. When I get him out he is all over the place, exploring. Nutmeg is energetic too, but not quite as much as Ash. Ebony is definitely the least energetic. She is the one who would be content to sit still and take a nap, while the other two want to look around. The other day, when I was feeding Ash, I let him explore a bit and he did something that surprised me. When I'd done research on the chinchilla kits and how to care for them, many people were adamant that you have to have a cage with spacing that is no bigger than about half an inch. Kits can get out of cages with wider spacing. I wasn't too worried about this because the cage Annie is in has narrow spacing, but when I let Ash explore, he found Yuki and Barry's cage which has wider spacing. I don't know why he wanted to get in their cage, but he did. When I got that cage, I knew the spacing would be too wide for the kits, but I thought that they'd be too big at this age to be able to get through; Ash proved me wrong. The biggest of all my babies squirmed his way into that cage. It was surprising and adorable... so I let him do it again on camera.

Comments

Popular Posts