Time with Tinies

So much has changed and so fast. Annie's babies aren't really babies anymore. It's almost been seven weeks since they were born and they are now completely independent! I'm currently transitioning Ash from Annie's cage to Wolke's. Every day he will spend some time with his dad and then he will spend the rest of the day and all night with mom. He seems to be getting along with Wolke, so it won't be long before he can stay with Wolke. Their independence is bittersweet. It's nice not needing to feed them, but now I'll have to sell them. That was the original plan, but it's so hard to say goodbye. I am gonna be cherishing the time I have left with them. I am planning on selling Ash and Nutmeg on my website, which I have yet to publish. I have been putting it off for obvious reasons. I don't wanna sell my babies! I'm gonna keep Ebony though. She is actually an ebony, while all the rest that I have are standard grey and mosaic. In the beginning, I thought it would be Nutmeg that would stay because she has some unique coloring, but it turns out Ebony is more unique. I just hope I am able to find great homes for Ash and Nutmeg. On a less depressing note, Yuki is gaining weight! Her previous owners said that her last pregnancy was back in March and they didn't even know it until they found a dead baby outside of her cage :(. Because they didn't know she was pregnant, they didn't separate her from Barry. Due to this, I wouldn't doubt that she has been pregnant for a while. It's only around the last two weeks (ish) of pregnancy that chinchillas start to show weight gain. I am super excited. It'll be awesome to get a couple more babies. I could be wrong, but I am getting hopeful.

Speaking of new babies, the baby bunnies have opened their eyes! They, too, are growing super fast. It won't be long before they can leave their mom and I'll have to sell them as well. I guess that just goes to show that you have to enjoy life right now. If you aren't paying attention, you will miss out on the little things (or babies).

Nutmeg

Ebony

Ash

Annie (mom)

Wolke (dad)

Comments

Popular Posts