More Babies & Personalities!

I wrote this over a month ago, but I didn't get around to publishing. Looks like I am going to have to play catch up again, a lot has changed.


Freya gave birth! It's been a couple days, but they are still super tiny. She had seven, but one didn't make it. So now we have ten baby rabbits! That escalated quickly. Though it's crazy I'm not surprised; bunnies multiply very fast. Chinchillas, however, take much longer. I guess more energy requires more time. The chinchilla babies are super energetic and curious. It is nearly impossible to get them to hold still. The baby bunnies are much easier to handle in that respect. They love to cuddle. Not all bunnies and chinchillas are this way though, it all depends on their personality. There are some bunnies who are curious and adventurous instead of cuddly and there are some chinchillas that prefer cuddling over exploring. For example, Yuki is very cuddly. I usually cannot get my chinchillas to hold still for a couple minutes and yet she has sat on my lap on multiple occasions while I watched a movie. Something I've noticed with Twix and some of the boy bunnies is that after a while they are too restless to sit in your lap, they want to look around. I can't wait to get to know our new babies personalities! They're already adorable! One could argue that I am biased, but if you spent some time with these little babies you'd find them adorable too.



Comments

Popular Posts